Gunnedah Local Services
Gunnedah ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Gunnedah site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Gunnedah Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Gunnedah When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Gunnedah Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Gunnedah Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Gunnedah ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Gunnedah and a Place to Meet
The gunnedah.town Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Gunnedah
Gunnedah, New South Wales, is a charming Australian town that is known for its rich cultural heritage and natural beauty. Did you know that Gunnedah is the "koala capital of the world," with a thriving population of these iconic marsupials? Here are some more interesting facts about Gunnedah:
1. Aboriginal heritage: The Kamilaroi people are the traditional custodians of the land on which Gunnedah sits. The town's name comes from the Aboriginal word "gunida," which means "dropping off place."
2. Agriculture: Gunnedah is located in the heart of New South Wales' agricultural region, and is surrounded by vast grazing lands and farming properties. The town is particularly known for its cotton, wheat, and beef production.
3. Literary significance: Gunnedah was the birthplace and childhood home of celebrated Australian poet Dorothea Mackellar, who wrote the iconic poem "My Country."
4. Rural charm: The streets of Gunnedah are lined with beautiful heritage buildings, many of which date back to the 19th century. The town also features numerous parks and gardens, including the stunning Waterways Wildlife Park.
5. Industry: Gunnedah is home to significant coal mining operations, which contribute greatly to the local economy. The town is also a hub for other industries, including manufacturing and transport.
6. Sporting heritage: Gunnedah has a strong sporting culture, with a range of clubs and facilities catering to everything from football and cricket to tennis and swimming. The town also has a proud equestrian tradition, and hosts an annual Campdraft event.
7. Cultural events: Throughout the year, Gunnedah hosts a range of cultural events celebrating the town's history and community spirit. These include the Dorothea Mackellar Poetry Awards, the Gunnedah Show, and the annual Gunnedah Bicentennial Creative Arts Exhibition.
Whether you're interested in natural beauty, cultural heritage, or rural charm, Gunnedah has something to offer. Come and explore this vibrant Australian town for yourself!